Basketball Is My Way Of Escape


All my life until now I don't know why I never really got satisfied, I never really felt much happy about myself as i am, even until now. I don't know what's wrong with me but i'm just like this.. im always weak and doubting myself most of the time.

But despite all of this, there is one thing in this world that at least make me feel free and take way all of this fears and issue about myself.. This thing is basketball, this is the only thing that makes me happy and forgot everything about me. I don't know why but every time I play basketball I always get a good feeling about myself and forgot all of this shit about me. I'm not saying that im good at playing basketball it's just that i love it so much that it makes me feel better. Sometimes my friends called be "smiling face" because every time I play, I smile and laugh a lot in any simple things while playing basketball with them :).

I just realize it now that maybe basketball is my way of escape, for me to escape from all the issue about myself, to escape from all of my problems, to escape from reality and to escape from everything. Maybe without this I can't imagine how worst I can be right now. It really helps me a lot to build my confidence and to believe in myself. It makes me satisfied and happy.
                          
But I'm not sure if it's really the right thing to do, To just use basketball for me to escape from all of this? or for me to face the reality? to escape or to face it? Obviously I think, to face all of my issue about myself is the right thing to do and not to escape from it but I don't know.. but maybe as of now Im still going to use basketball as my way of escape until I find the courage to face all of this doubt and weakness about myself. :D

17 comments:

  1. You're right! Basketball is away of relieving out stress. And that is a good sign to make yourself healthy, both physical and emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess, whatever works for you.. for as long as just like basketball, you will bounce back and shoot for your goals and dreams soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always remember that we don't escape the reality. So keep on balancing your lifestyle in sports, families, hobbies etc.. to live more happier. Being well is also essential! Keep on smiling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok to have basketball as an outlet but don't use it as an excuse to not face things you have to do and I'm sure once you channel the passion you have for basketball in dealing with those things, you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't say basketball is your escape. Perhaps it's your passion and that, I believe, is perfectly okay. Just make sure you don't forget to face reality when you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ganyan din ako noon, Basketball took a big chunk of my life. But there will come a time, that playing basketball will take a backseat in your life -- and a more productive outlet will move in. Poece of advice, learn to face the realities of life,

    ReplyDelete
  7. To some playing basketball was just a game or an exhausting game but for you it's like you are in another world, a world that makes you happy and satisfied. Maybe through basketball you can start developing self confidence until you will become comfortable, confident and satisfied in the world called "reality" =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to look at it another way. Maybe basketball is your calling and not merely an escape. You may not become a professional player but you can still be involved in the sport in some other way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's okay to find playing basketball a form of escape when you think life gets too hard at times. But try not to depend on the sport all the time.. Try to break free from that negative view of yourself. God has bestowed in you many gifts.. you just have to take those steps into discovering what you're really good at. :) You're going to have to face what's real, sooner or later. Life can be hard. But it's also as fulfilling when you try to change for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby really loves basketball, it is a form of exercise to him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why such emptiness rule in your heart? I feel very sentimental reading your post. You seem to have a lot of inhibitions. I hope I can be of help. Please feel free to catch up on my inspirational posts about life and love. They may somehow enlighten you.

    Anyways, it's good to hear that you have an outlet to make things brighter for you. Keep writing and be motivated to share your skills in this avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't it's an escape. it's just a coping mechanism. we all have coping mechanisms. mine is eating out. =) if basketball helps you, then why not?

    ReplyDelete
  13. If basketball is your escape, for me, it's running. It's a very healthy thing to have a physical activity as a means of stress release and/or mood lifter. More power to athletic activities!

    ReplyDelete
  14. People sometimes need outlets for whatever emotions or issues they're going through. Maybe you can use basketball as your escape until you're ready to face whatever you have to face.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's one of the many things I can't do. hahaha! I do appreciate the sport every time my hubby watches it on cable TV. Like Jason on the other hand, it's running that keeps me centered.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should talk to someone you trust and can pour your heart out. Bottled feelings is not good for our health and sanity

    ReplyDelete
  17. There comes a time in one's life that one gets crazy over basketball...and if it helps makes life less crazy...well and good!

    ReplyDelete